Public Mutual Declares RM141m Dividend for 14 funds for financial year end June 30, 2016
EPF Members Investment Scheme
- PB Growth Fund
- PB Balanced Fund
- PB Infrastructure Bond Fund
- PB Islamic Bond Fund
- PB Cash Management Fund
- Public Islamic Savings Fund
- Public Islamic Money Market Fund
PB series of funds are distributed by Public Bank
Public series of funds are distributed by PMF UT consultants
- Largest market share for retail funds (49.6%)
- Largest market share for PRS (41.9%)
- Total net asset value (NAV): RM66.9b
- Total funds: 121
- 32 customer service centres/branches
- 23 fund managers & 30 research analysts
- All funds managed in-house
Q: Does this mean that the other funds from PMF are not performing?
A: Not necessarily. Only 14 funds with the financial year end of June 30th are declaring dividends. Other dividend announcements are at other times.
Q: Would you recommend investing in UT?
A: UT performance was very good especially in the early years (i.e. 90s). However, investors face challenges in Malaysia with high charges upon buying (3-6%) & annual charges (1-2%) that reduce returns. A personalized recommendation would be upon meeting with the individual. In general though, you may consider investing using EPF funds & for PRS for tax/youth incentive purposes. There also exists discount brokerages for most funds (not including PMF) that charge lower fees. Controversially to some, we opinion that UT investments are high risk & arguably riskier than investing in shares.
Latest posts by MyPF
- 9 Financial Ratios and Rules of Thumb towards Financial Freedom - February 22, 2019
- Renting: The First Step Towards Home Ownership - February 14, 2019
- StashAway CIO Interview with MyPF - February 11, 2019