EPF removing 30% foreign shareholding cap for EPF approved UT investments effective Aug 1, 2016.
Current EPF Members Investment Scheme (MIS)
- EPF members can opt to withdraw part of AC1 to invest in unit trust (UT) funds
- Only UT with < 30% foreign exposure allowed
- +5% allowance in excess of the 30% threshold is permitted if it is due to share market movements and/or redemption activities conducted by investors.
- 333 UT funds (As of Apr 1, 2017)
New EPF Members Investment Scheme (MIS)
- No other changes to EPF members withdrawal from AC1 requirements
- Removal of foreign exposure clause
- 47 new UT fund investment options
- Increase to 380 UT funds
Latest posts by MyPF
- 9 Financial Ratios and Rules of Thumb towards Financial Freedom - February 22, 2019
- Renting: The First Step Towards Home Ownership - February 14, 2019
- StashAway CIO Interview with MyPF - February 11, 2019