IJM the first to offer Home Insurance Protection Scheme in Malaysia. What is a Home Insurance Protection Scheme & its benefits?
What is a Home Insurance Protection Scheme?
Insurance for home owners against losing their homes due to unexpected certain conditions. It is popular in certain other countries (for example, it is compulsory in Singapore for a HDB if you are using your CPF to pay for the home loan). IJM is the 1st to offer it on a large scale in Malaysia & have called it TIPS (Triple Insurance Protection Scheme) as providing 3 benefits.
IJM Triple Insurance Protection Scheme (TIPS)
On Aug 19, 2016 IJM Land proudly announced that they are the 1st to give complimentary property insurance protection to home buyers
- Coverage: Term Life, Personal Accident (PA), & Involuntary Unemployment Coverage
- Coverage Sum: Property purchase price rounded down to nearest RM50k
- Insurer: Allianz Malaysia
- Coverage Duration: 3 years from S&P signing date
- Purchase Date: Aug 19 – Dec 31, 2016
- Purchaser Age Next Birthday: 18-64
What is Involuntary Unemployment Coverage?
- Condition: Involuntarily retrenched due to economic conditions affecting the employer
- Employment: Min 1 year full-time employment for at least 30 hours a week
- Disciplinary/performance-related dismissals
- Knowing of unemployment prior to date of effective coverage
- Currently receiving termination or severance pay
- Equity ownership of 10% or more in the company
- Self employed
Is your IJM project covered?
- Type: Residential only
- Pricing: RM300k – RM2m
- Northern: The Address (duplex loft only)
- Central: Bandar Rimbayu, Pantai Sentral Park, Seremban 2, S2 Heights, Seri Binjai
- Southern: Epic Residence, Austin Duta, Sebana Cove
- Borneo: Riverine Diamond, Bandar Utama
Q: If I buy a IJM property subsale am I covered?
No. Only from developer.
Q: If I buy the property for cash without a home loan do I qualify?
No. You must be taking a home loan from a recognized bank / financial institute.
Q: If property under joint names?
PA: equal proportion for each insured
Term Life: as stated in insurance policy
Unemployment: full benefit