Have you been following the US Presidential debate of Hillary versus Trump? The 1st two are over & here’s what’s to know.
Last updated: Oct 14, 2016
Why does it matter?
- High possibility US political intervention in other countries including Malaysia
- Trade effect especially the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPPA) which affects Asian countries including Malaysia
- Economic decisions & effects on the US market which has a correlation effect on most other markets including Malaysia
Sep 26 8:30pm ET First presidential debate
- Trump: US being used unfairly by other countries, portrayal of fear, bubble going to burst
- Clinton: Plans for economy, ISIS, crime, etc.
- Opinion: 1-0 for Hillary. While the bubbles are something to be watchful of, a climate of fear is not healthy. There’s a need to be rational, aware & plan.
Q: Who is the best person to go fishing with?
A: Take Clinton. She baits great!! 😛
(Source: uncle Ray, the cow whisperer)
- Markets declare Hillary winner of first U.S. presidential debate (What? Talking markets?! Basically how the market moves & indication of what will move if Hilary wins
- Mexican peso jumps up 2% (the wall idea is cracking…)
- Bookies shortened odds on Hillary winning
3 Stocks to go long on if Trump wins
Apple (AAPL): repatriate substantial foreign earnings back to US & reduced corporate tax rates
CEO Group (CEO): prison & security companies related to the US govt benefit as crackdown on illegal immigrants
Cemex (CX): you need a lotta cement to build a long wall spanning 1000 miles… 😛
3 Stocks to go long on if Hillary wins
Lockheed Martin (LMT): US dpmt of defence biggest contractor continues business as usual…
Aetna (AET): healthcare provider continue to grow with Obamacare & Medicare Advantage expanding
First Solar (FSLR): as she is pro renewable energy especially solar
- Highlights at CNN.com
- Best quotes at CNN.com
- Fact checker at Politifact.com
- Short video highlights at Fortune.com – 2mins
- Full video (youtube.com) – 2.5 hours
Oct 4 8:30pm ET Vice presidential debate
Oct 9 8:30pm ET Second presidential debate
Overall: Trump exceeds (low) expectations & puts Hilary on back peddle with attacks. Trump 1 – Hillary 1
- Trump dragged down by 2005 sexist remarks caught on video which he dismissed as “locker talk”
- Trump stalked Hillary all over stage in town hall format
- Moderators accused of being biased against Trump
- 160 Republican Leaders no longer support Trump
- Hillary still leading Trump in polls by 8-9%
US Presidential Debates Schedule
- 2016 Debates Live Stream Schedule
- Sep 26 8:30pm ET First presidential debate
- Oct 4 8:30pm ET Vice presidential debate
- Oct 9 8:30pm ET Second presidential debate
- Oct 19 8:30pm ET Third presidential debate
- Note: 8:30PM ET is 8:30AM in Malaysia the next day
Twitter Live Stream for Upcoming Debates
Follow MyPF.my to get the latest Personal Finances updates and insights!
Register for a free MyPF membership today & enjoy member benefits!