I was having a regular meetup with a financial planner & she asked me whether I watched today’s debate & my thoughts between the candidates. “Yes” I replied, then paused for a sec “Between 2 candidates who have been caught lying repeatedly…”
- 3rd US Presidential Debate: Trump 0 – Clinton 1 – Policies, lies & … end of democracy?!
- 2nd US Presidential Debate: Trump 1 – Clinton 0 – Trump exceeds (low) expectations
- US Vice-Presidential Debate: Pence (Trump) 1 vs Kaine (Clinton) 0 – aka poised Pence versus unkomfortable Kaine
- 1st US Presidential Debate: Trump 0 – Clinton 1 – aka Clinton baits good!
- Overall: Hillary in a not so slight lead after the debates
- Trump says he may not accept US election result (Suspense, what?)
- Clinton pivots away from answering difficult questions on the Clinton foundation accepting money from donors for access & on her email leaks
- Fact checkers show quite a number of untruths with the majority from Trump especially denials
- Chris Wallace (Fox News’s anchor) does a pretty darn good job selecting the topics & more importantly moderating the debate
- No handshakes before or after the debate
Quotes of the Debate
- “No puppet. You’re the puppet.” – An adoslecent reply by Trump when accused of being a puppet for Russia/Putin
- “Nobody has more respect for women. Nobody” and then later… “Such a nasty woman” – Trump on Clinton
- “I’ll tell you at the time. I’ll keep you in suspense, OK?” – Trump twice refusing to accept US election results when asked pointedly by Chris
- “But we have some bad hombres here and we’re going to get them out.” – Racist undertones ?!
- Forex: Mexican & Canadian currencies rise as inverse to odds of Trump winning
- Shares: US markets generally unchanged as Clinton viewed to have widened lead
- 1st & 2nd US Presidential Debate
- Vice-Presidential Debate
- Most memorable lines (abcnews)
- Fact checked (cnbc.com)
Share & discuss on the Final US Presidential Debate