Info on Full Paying Patient Services (FPP) or Perkhidmatan Pesakit Bayar Penuh (PPBP) for private healthcare in public hospitals in Malaysia.
Updated: Feb 13, 2019
What is Full Paying Patient (FPP) Services?
FPP is a private healthcare service offered through selected hospitals in Malaysia whereby patients need to bear the cost of treatment on their own.
- Reduce “problem” of private hospitals referring clients to government hospitals
- Profit sharing given to doctor treating patient to offer competitive compensation
- Reduce government medical treatment subsidy to citizens
- Patient’s choice of doctor/specialist/medical officer (min 3 years experience)
- Scheduled (presumably faster) treatment/procedure date & times
- Better room facilities with executive / 1st class / VIP room choices
- Separate check-in counter (depending on hospital)
- Food based on 1st class or equivalent food at the hospital
- Costs (which are stated to be competitively priced) are fully paid by patient (or insurance)
- Treatment is scheduled after the doctors official working hours (kira OT lar)
- Some patients have complained that queues are long & wait times almost as long as subsidized patients
- Malaysian or non-Malaysian paying on own
- Government employees choosing for FPP
- Corporate/private employees with medical expenditure under FPP agreed to be borne by company
- Outpatient treatment
- Daily treatment
- Admission treatment
- Therapy services
- Surgery & procedures
- Anaesthesiology (RM120 – 4800)
- Cardiology (RM120 – 4800)
- Common Procedures (RM20 – 600)
- Dentistry (RM20 – 4400)
- Dermatology (RM30 – 750)
- Gastrohepatology (RM300 – 1500)
- General Medicine (RM50 – 3600)
- Hand & Microsurgery (RM50 – 4800)
- Hepatobiliary (RM750 – 4800)
- Obstetric & Gynaecology (RM50 – 4800)
- Opthalmology (RM20 – 4800)
- Ortopaedic (RM50 – 3600)
- Otorhinolaryngology (RM120 – 4800)
- Nephrology (RM400 – 1000)
- Neurosurgery (RM400 – 4800)
- Paediatric (RM75 – 4800)
- Plastic Surgery (RM300 – 4800)
- Psychiatry (RM20 – 120)
- Radiology (RM300 – 4800)
- Rehabilitation (RM50 – 120)
- Urology (RM75 – 4800)
- Minimum RM3,000 OR 50% of estimated total treatment costs (whichever higher)
- Additional deposit (checked daily) to ensure min RM1,000 cash balance (payable within 24 hours)
Registration and Consultation Charges Estimate
- New registration: RM10
- New consultation: RM100 (RM150 after office hours)
- Repeat consultation: RM60 (RM90 after office hours)
Registration and Consultation Charges (Daily Treatment) Estimate
- New registration: RM10
- Consultation: RM60 (RM120 after office hours)
- Consultation for ICU: RM90 (RM180 after office hours)
Hospital Bed Daily Charges Estimate
- Executive: RM300
- First Class (1 bedded): RM160
- First Class (2 bedded): RM130
- First Class (4 bedded): RM80
FPP Fees Profit Sharing
FPP Admission Process
- Sign & register bringing IC/birth cert/passport/visa
- Guarantee letter from company or insurer (if applicable)
- Deposit payment (as informed by hospital – est. min 3k or 50% total costs)
- Reference letter (if applicable)
- Consultation hours: 8am-5pm
- Walk in or get information from Kaunter FPP (FPP Counter)
- Recommendation by public or private hospital doctor
- Email to inquire on FPP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call to inquire on FPP: +603-8312 4316
FPP Hospitals List
|Penang||Hospital Pulau Pinang||Jalan Residensi, 10990 George Town||04-222 5621|
|Putrajaya||Hospital Putrajaya||Jalan P9, Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan Presint 7, 62250||03-8312 4200 ext 4371|
|Selangor||Hospital Ampang||Jalan Mewah Utara, Pandan Mewah, 68000 Ampang||03-4289 6081|
|Selangor||Hospital Selayang||Lebuh Raya Selayang - Kepong, 68100 Batu Caves||03-6126 3288|
|Selangor||Hospital Serdang||Jalan Puchong, 43000 Kajang||03-8947 5555 ext 1669|
|Selangor||Hospital Sungai Buloh||Jalan Hospital, 47000 Sungai Buloh||03-6145 4333 ext 1302|
|Johor||Hospital Sultanah Aminah||Jalan Abu Bakar, Masjid Sultan Abu Bakar, 80000 JB||07-225 7000 ext 2564|
|Johor||Hospital Sultan Ismail||Jalan Persiaran Mutiara Emas Utama, Taman Mount Austin, 81100 JB||07-356 5000|
|Sabah||Hospital Queen Elizabeth 2||Lorong Bersatu, Off Luyang, Jalan Damai, 88300 Kota Kinabalu||088-324 600 ext 2070|
|Sarawak||Hospital Umum Sarawak||Jalan Hospital, 93586 Kuching||082-668 111 ext 8684|
FPP Hospitals offering obstetrics and gynecology (O&G)
- Hospital Pulau Pinang
- Hospital Putrajaya
- Hospital Ampang
- Hospital Sungai Buloh
- Hospital Sultan Aminah JB
- Hospital Sultan Ismail JB
FPP services may be good to get affordable paid healthcare especially if you are looking for a particular doctor/treatment that is only available (or the best choice) at a government hospital with less of the common issues & grievances faced with govt hospitals. This may include patients referred by private hospitals to the government hospital under FPP.
Q: How do I register for FPP?
Walk in or call the hospital. Please refer for Inquires above.
Q: How early can I register for FPP?
You can register as early as confirmed you will need the FPP services. For pregnancy, this can be as early as 3 months upon pregnancy confirmation.
Q: Can guarantee letter (GL) be used for FPP?
Q: Does this mean that I need to pay for all govt hospital services? No more RM1 treatment?
No. Subsidized services are still subsidized. Only affected are FPP services.
Q: Can I claim government hospitalization benefit from my insurance if admitted under FPP?
Believed to be no. We have yet to receive confirmation from insurers.
- Official MoH FPP Page (moh.gov.my)
- FPP Guidelines 2007 Rev 2015 (Garis Panduan FPP Semakan 2015) – in BM
Latest posts by MyPF
- 9 Financial Ratios and Rules of Thumb towards Financial Freedom - February 22, 2019
- Renting: The First Step Towards Home Ownership - February 14, 2019
- StashAway CIO Interview with MyPF - February 11, 2019