Celebrating Valentine’s day with your partner can be meaningful without needing to be expensive!
Start by focusing on Love Languages
Know (or remind yourself) what your partner’s love language is:-
- Words of Affirmation
- Acts of Service
- Receiving Gifts
- Quality Time
- Physical Touch
And then show your love.
Words of Affirmation
- Verbally compliment your partner truthfully and meaningfully.
- Write a handwritten note expressing your love to your partner on this special day.
- Hide many little notes expressing your love or make it a long note listing 99 reasons why you love him/her.
- If you’re good at poetry, singing or music, share something special with him/her lyrically.
- Make a mix tape with his/her favorite songs & throw in a surprise recording of your voice!
Acts of Service
- Take over doing all the chores for the entire day so that he/she doesn’t need to lift even a single finger.
- Cook a nice fancy meal that your partner loves. Don’t forget the nice silverware & fancy linen!
- Plan a delightful picnic with food, drink, a nice blanket, and your picnic basket.
- Make heart-shaped Valentine’s-day-themed food that are almost too good to eat!
- Know what your partner really wants (and it doesn’t have to be expensive!) & buy it from your special gift-giving fund 🙂
- If you must get flowers, arrange to buy roses in bulk with your friends so you get a bulk discount. Non-rose flowers are less expensive. Potted plant are even less expensive & last all-year long.
- Surprise your partner with a meaningful gift in his/her bag or delivered to the workplace.
- Plan a scavenger hunt with various gifts hidden around & clues from one gift to the other.
- Make a DIY gift basket filled with chocolates, candy, wine, or any other small stuff that your partner loves or uses.
- Give your partner your undivided time & attention. Put away your phone, gadgets, facebook, twitter, & other distractions.
- Pick an activity to do together that he/she likes (and if you have kids, arrange/swap for a babysitter).
- Play tourist in your home city, take a road trip, or explore a beautiful natural location.
- Go for a movie/show/performance, or sign up for a dance/cooking/art class together.
- Do what you both used to love doing together from your early dating days (or even pretend that it’s your 1st date!)
- Watch your lover’s favorite movie sitting as close as possible to each other (blanket for snuggling optional if it gets cold).
- Go for a physical activity together like dancing, or ice/skating.
- Take a romantic walk together just the two of you holding hands everywhere.
- Get a spa gift card, prepare a home aromatherapy spa, or learn the basics of a good massage & give your best massage ever to your partner.
- Plan a trip somewhere (or a home vacation) for just the two of you away from everyone else. Hold hands everywhere, walk everywhere joined at the hip & make the effort for physical touch.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Stay safe, in love & within budget! 😉
Leave us a comment if you used any of the suggestions, or have any new suggestions!
Latest posts by MyPF
- 9 Financial Ratios and Rules of Thumb towards Financial Freedom - February 22, 2019
- Renting: The First Step Towards Home Ownership - February 14, 2019
- StashAway CIO Interview with MyPF - February 11, 2019