Did you know that you can withdraw from EPF for Medical Equipment for yourself or family members? (And it’s tax deductible too).
EPF Withdrawal Info
- Category: EPF Health Withdrawal
- Withdrawal Account: EPF Account 2
- Sub-category: Medical Aid Equipment
- Definition: Medical aid equipment refers to the medical support equipment used for the purpose of treatment for the approved critical illness.
- Children/step-children/legally adopted children
- Parents/parents-in-law/step-parents/legally foster parents
Approved Critical Illnesses and Medical Equipment
|#||Category of Illness||Type of Critical Illness||Approved Medical Equipment|
|1||Cancer / Malignancy||Gastrointestinal (Stomach / Colon)||Colostomy Management|
|Lung (Paru-Paru)||Home Oxygen Therapy|
|Other Cancers e.g Rectum||Intraluminal Curved Detachable Head Contour|
|2||Cardiovascular System||Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)||Guidewire|
|Angioplasty / Heart Attack / Myocardial Infarction||Guiding Catheter|
|Coronary Dilatation Balloon|
|Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) Catheter|
|Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) Catheter|
|Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP)|
|Cardiomyopathy / Heart Failure||Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Pacemaker (Biventricular Pacemaker)|
|Open Valvular Heart Surgery||Prosthetic Valve|
|Percutaneous Valvular Intervention||Percutaneous Trans-Septal Mitral Commisurotomy (PTMC) / Inoue Balloon|
|Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation|
|Heart Arryhthmia||Permanent Pacemaker|
|Automated Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (AICD)|
|Congenital Heart Disease||Ventricular Septal Defect Occluder Device (VSDD)|
|Atrial Septal Defect Occlude Device (ASDD)|
|Persistent Ductus Arteriosus Closure Device (PDA)|
|Patent Foramen Ovale Occluder Device (PFO)|
|Aortic Aneurysm||Endoluminal Graf|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis (Anticoagulation Contraindicated)||Inferior Vena Cava Filter|
|3||Musculoskeletal System||Systemic Sclerosis With Pulmonary Hypertension||Home Oxygen Therapy|
|4||Respiratory System||Severe Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary||Home Oxygen Therapy|
|Secondary Pulmonary Hypertension / Bronchiectasis / Lung Fibrosis||Home Oxygen Therapy|
|Obstructive Sleep Apnoea||Continuous Positive Airway Pressure Ventilator (CPAP)|
|Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure Ventilator (BIPAP)|
|Auto-Titrating Positive Airway Pressure Ventilator (APAP)|
|5||Illness of Child under 16||Severe Asthma||Home Oxygen Therapy|
|6||Nervous System||Alzheimer’s Disease / Benign Tumor Of Brain / Coma / Encephalitis / Loss Of Speech / Major Head Trauma / Meningitis / Motor Neurone Disease / Multiple Sclerosis / Muscular Dystrophy / Paralysis / Parkinson’s Disease / Poliomyelitis / Stroke / Total Permanent Disability||Respiratory Support: Home Oxygen Therapy, Any Equipment Related To Ventilator Support|
|Nursing Support: Nursing Bed, Ripple Mattress, Commode, Urinary Catheter, Ryle’s Tube, Percutaneous Endoscopic, Gastrostomy (Peg) Tube And Diapers|
|Nutritional Support: Special Dietary Formulation (i.e. milk)|
|Ambulatory Support : Wheelchair, Walking Aid, Walking Frame|
|7||Other Diseases||Congenital Hearing Loss Requiring Hearing Aid / Surgery||Cochlear Implants, Pinna Prosthesis, Middle Ear Prosthesis|
|Sensorineural Hearing Loss||Hearing Aids|
|Conductive Hearing Loss||Bone Anchored Hearing Aids (BAHA)|
- Ensure you have the medical report.
- Request quotation from supplier.
- Confirm your purchase and request invoice from supplier.
- Receipts must not exceed 1 year from date withdrawal application is submitted.
- Bills and receipts must be in the name of the patient or applicant.
- Claim after payment made for reimbursement into your bank account.
- OR fill up form and request for bank in of funds for purchase.
Tip: Making payment first and then claiming reimbursement has been reported to have faster processing time.
- Ikatan Medik: Home care medical equipment provider (EPF and JPA approved)
- EPF Health Withdrawal (forms and info)
Latest posts by MyPF
- 9 Financial Ratios and Rules of Thumb towards Financial Freedom - February 22, 2019
- Renting: The First Step Towards Home Ownership - February 14, 2019
- StashAway CIO Interview with MyPF - February 11, 2019