Global wealth is growing at a radical pace. Asia is at the forefront with the fastest growing number of millionaires. Don’t risk getting left behind! Gain insight into changing money trends.
- Millionaires (min US$1m) hold 50% of all global wealth.
- Global millionaires est: 27.6m by 2023.
- Growth of affluent segment ($250k-$1m): 76m with 5-year CAGR estimated at 6.2%.
- Worst performance in last 5 years (only +1.6%) for global wealth and worst equities performance (indices up to -20.0%) in last 10 years.
- Decline caused by stock indices drop, high valuation levels, geopolitical risks, and challenges of returning to normal interest rate levels.
- Direct equity and unit trusts: $45t (37.2% investable wealth); Bonds and debt securities: $7.2t (5.9%).
2019 & Next 5 Years Estimates
- Fastest growing markets:
- Asia ex-Japan: 10.1%
- Africa: 9.8%
- Latin America: 9.1%
- Fastest growing CAGR:
- Asia: 9.4%
- Latin America: 8.2%
- Africa & Middle-East: 7.7%
- Eastern Europe & Central Asia: 7.6%
- Oceania: 5.8%
- Fastest growing cross-border global financial hubs by CAGR
- Hong Kong: 7.8%
- Singapore: 7.3%
- USA: 6.5%
- UAE: 6.4%
Challenges & Opportunities
- Affluent market which is fastest growing with $18t assets are underserved.
- Digital apps, FinTech players, and non-traditional players entering the market and battling for market share.
- Backdrop of slowing global economy and cybersecurity risks.
- More new millionaires than ever.
- Opportunities with fastest growing affluent market segment.
- Asia fastest growing market, CAGR, and financial hubs.
Data & Exhibit Sources: Global Wealth 2019 Report, BCG