Malaysia’s Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng informed that Budget 2020 will take into the account trade war risks. Gain insight on how will we survive in a challenging global economy. (Reference: Bloomberg)
Budget 2020 Highlights
- Budget 2020 expected on October 11, 2019.
- 2nd budget by (new) Pakatan Harapan government.
- Business friendly approach.
- Strong domestic local growth.
“The government recognizes the downside risk that exists from a slower global growth, especially when Malaysia’s top trade partners are experiencing an economic slowdown.” ~Lim Guan Eng, Malaysian Finance Minister
Trade War Budget 2020 Impact
- US-China trade war risks (and gains) taken into consideration.
- Malaysia among key beneficiaries from trade conflict.
- Capitalise on global supply chain changes.
- Trade diversion expect to add 10 basis points (0.10%) to Malaysia’s growth (after factoring in negative impact).
You May also Like