Malaysia’s Budget 2020 (Belanjawan 2020) will be tabled on October 11, 2019. Public consultation and feedback is sought by Malaysia’s Ministry of Finance until September 11, 2019.
- Share your suggestions until submissions deadline of September 11, 2019 (50 days remaining at time of news posting).
- Budget 2020 will be tabled by Minister of Finance, YB Tuan Lim Guan Eng on Friday, October 11 2019.
- Budget 2020 will be themed “Shared Prosperity: Sustainable And Inclusive Growth Towards High Income Economy”
“Budget 2020 will focus on Malaysia’s target to become a developed nation through high-quality growth that includes all segment of the society” ~Finance Minister YB Tuan Lim Guan Eng
2020 Budget Categories
- Addressing Cost Of Living
- Improving The Quality Of Education
- Improving Job Opportunities
- Strengthening The Public Sector
- Improving Public Infrastructure
- Exploring New Technology And Innovation
- Fostering Entrepreneurship And Businesses
- Ensuring Social Welfare And Development
- Encouraging A Healthy Lifestyle
- Improving Access To Housing
- Preserving The Environment Through Sustainable Development
- Maintaining Public Safety And Security
- Spurring The Development Of Sports
- Strengthening Malaysia’s Finance
What We Know About Budget 2020 (So Far)
- No new tax measures planned for Budget 2020.
- Budget 2020 will take into account US and China trade tensions.
- Government designing a Cost of Living Index to determine the minimum living cost needed to sustain a comfortable life.
- Government still facing legacy issues such as 1MDB which has affected the economic growth of the country.
How to Submit
- Go to official Belanjawan 2020 website (English version available).
- Select one (or more) of the 14 categories to provide feedback on.
- Submit 2020 budget suggestion(s).
Required Info to Submit
- 2020 Budget Suggestions
- Kementerian Kewangan Malaysia (MOF) Official Facebook @KementerianKewanganMalaysia
- Ministry of Finance Malaysia Official Twitter @MOFmalaysia
- Kementerian Kewangan Malaysia (MOF) Official Twitter @mof_malaysia
Disclaimer: Info provided and images used are based on information from MoF and other public sources for financial educational purposes only. We do not represent MoF in any capacity.