Malaysia’s Securities Commission (SC) has approved Malaysia’s 1st Islamic Robo Advisory Wahed Invest.
Updated: Mar 9, 2020
About Wahed Invest
- Malaysia’s 3rd, and 1st Islamic SC approved digital wealth manager.
- US-based Halal-focused investment firm aimed toward Muslim investors with a Shariah-compliant platform headquartered in New York.
- Founded in May 1, 2015 by Junaid Wahedna starting operations in US, UK, and planning to expand in middle east, Asia and internationally.
- Malaysian listed address in Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur under Wahed Technologies Sdn Bhd.
Wahed Invest in Malaysia
- Positioned as ethical Halal investing with full-time ethical review board and purification methodology requiring investment income from unlawful activities to be given away to charity.
- Fractional investing with min RM100 investment and no lock-in fees.
- Portfolio invested in a group of securities primarily across stocks and sukuks (Islamic bonds).
- 6 risk profiles
- Very Aggressive: 85.0% equity, 12.5% fixed income, 2.5% cash
- Aggressive: 62.5% equity, 25.0% fixed income, 10.0% commodities, 2.5% cash
- Moderately Aggressive: 52.5% equity, 35.0% fixed income, 10.0% commodities, 2.5% cash
- Moderate: 35.0% equity, 55.0% fixed income, 7.5% commodities, 2.5% cash
- Moderately Conservative: 17.5% equity, 75.0% fixed income, 5.0% commodities, 2.5% cash
- Very Conservative: 90.0% fixed income, 10.0% cash
|Portfolio Types||Malaysia Stocks||US Stocks||Sukuk||Gold||Cash||Past Performance|
- 2 tier fees structure
- 0.79% p.a. fees for RM100 – RM499k
- 0.39% p.a. fees for RM500k and above
Note: Investment funds used has own fees not included above
- Launched Wahed FTSE USA Shariah ETF with passive index exposure to US Shariah-compliant stocks on NASDAQ under ticker HLAL which is the underlying US ETF.
[stock_market_widget type=”chart” symbol=”HLAL” chart=”line” range=”1y” interval=”1mo” line-color=”rgb(49, 125, 189)”]
Signup for Wahed Invest in Malaysia
The signup process is a simple process including the following details:
- First & Last Name
- Email Number (requires verification)
- Mobile Number (requires OTP verification)
- Upload of MyKad (or other verification document)
- Verification using camera & microphone
- Funds transfer can be done via FPX or wire transfer
Wahed Invest Promo Code: STEYON1
RM20 on successful signup with min RM100 investment with promo code STEVYON1 (Previously RM40 before Feb 24, 2020)
Q: How often can I change my Wahed Invest risk profile?
A: You can change your Wahed Invest risk profile once every 3 months. There are no charges for switching.
You May Also Like
- Wahed Invest official site (wahedinvest.com)
- Wahed FTSE USA Shariah ETF (wahedinvest.com)
- Malaysia’s 1st Robo Advisory StashAway