TnG eWallet, Boost and GrabPay have been announced as the selected e-wallets for Government e-Tunai Rakyat.
What is the e-Tunai Rakyat Program?
RM30 will be given into individual e-wallet accounts to encourage cashless spending and transactions.
“Malaysians 18 years of age and above and who earn less than RM100,000 annually will be eligible to receive RM30 each through any of the participating e-wallets.” ~Khazanah Nasional
- Malaysian citizen with NRIC.
- 18 years and above in 2020.
- Annual income of less than RM100,000.
- Increase usage of e-Wallet users especially senior citizens.
- Federal government allocation of RM450m
- Application Start: January 15, 2020
- Application End: Mar 14, 2020
- Application Submission: respective e-wallet providers
Comparing e-Wallet Options
|e-Wallet||Cashback||Est Cashback/Savings||Features||Withdrawal||Auto Topup||Tx Protection|
|FavePay||Yes (Same merchant)||5.0% - 10.0%||Discounts||N/A||N/A||No|
|BigPay||Yes (Points)||0.1% / 3.0%||AirAsia; 0% Fee FOREX, P2P||Yes (RM6 / 8 overseas)||No||No|
|Razer Pay||No||0.0% (10.0% for zGold)||Razer Store, Virtual Currency, P2P||Yes (verified)||No||No|
|Touch 'n Go App||Yes (Promos)||0.0% - 20% (promo only)||TnG Card/Top-up||No||Ye|