Live more, love more, laugh more, and travel more. Find out the best global and local travel destinations.
Nomiji… thus the seasons change;
And it’s autumn yet once again.
Nomiji… I recall the sweet, short spring;
With you, cherry blossoms blooming.
Nomiji… I recall the long summer;
With you, sweet heavenly shower.
Nomiji… yet autumn is beautiful;
Colours but remind me of you.
Nomiji… after autumn comes winter;
Cold yet warmed by hearts so tender.
Nomiji… seasons pass us by;
Beautiful… with you by my side.
~ Nomiji (2014) by Stev
Best Global Travel Destinations by Month
When and where are the best destinations to travel to unwind and satisfy your wanderlust. The timing is selected for alleged best weather conditions or special seasonal experiences you should not miss.
- UAE – Dubai
- Italy (low season)
- Switzerland (skiing)
- Canada (skiing)
- China – Hong Kong, Shanghai
- India – Goa, Delhi
- USA – Miami
- Cayman Islands
- Japan – Okinawa
- Switzerland – Zurich
- Italy – Venice
- Australia – Sydney
- France – Paris
- Japan (cherry blossoms!)
- USA – Chicago, Los Angeles, San Jose
- Canada – Vancouver
- Cape Verde
- Denmark – Copenhagen
- Turkey – Istanbul
- Czech Republic – Prague
- Peru – Machu Picchu
- Russia – St Petersburg
- Sweden – Stockholm
- Canada – Vancouver Island
- Iceland – Reykjavik
- Indonesia – Bali
- Egypt – Cairo
- Scotland – Edinburgh
- Spain – Ibiza
- USA – Montana
- Netherlands – Amsterdam
- Argentina – Buenos Aires
- China – Beijing)
- USA – San Francisco
- Spain – Barcelona
- USA – Florida
- Greece – Athens
- Portugal – Lisbon
- USA – Colorado, Hawaii, New York, New Orleans
- New Zealand
- Ivory Coast
- Saudi Arabia
- Singapore (lights!)
Best Malaysian Travel Destinations by State and Federal Territories
Jom Cuti-Cuti Malaysia! These local destinations are not only awesome but good value too! We include things you cannot miss out in our details.
- Everywhere – shopping, food (Thai-influenced food is amazing), enjoy the scenery.
- Langkawi – Island life, boat rides (this is either a pro or a con), seafood, and duty free shopping.
Penang / Pulau Pinang
- Everywhere – Food and everything else! Except, maybe not the traffic 😛
- Taiping – Quaint green feels – visit the charcoal factory, eat some goreng pisang, enjoy the view from Maxwell Hill, and go paddle in the lake garden.
- Ipoh – Smaller town feel with good food (hor hee and chap kor) and a growing hispter scene.
- Sekinchan – Fresh air, green paddy fields, fruits, seafood (cheap and good), and nearby firefly river ride and sky mirror (Kuala Selangor).
- Port Dickson – Beaches and the wide open sea
- Seremban – Seremban siew pau for non-Muslims
Malacca / Melaka
- Don’t mess with good food (chicken rice balls!) and a heritage scene as nice as their co-UNESCO Heritage Status awardee Penang.
- Endau Rompin National Park
- Johor Bahru – Check out the colorful history of this historical city.
- Siti Khadijah textile market, Cahaya Bulan beach, Gunung Setong hiking, go watch birds sing (really!) and take a boat ride down Galas river.
- Islands (Perhentian, Redang, Kapas, Lang Tengah), pasars and there’s a China Town (Kampung China).
- Cameron Highlands – Cool (somewhat) weather, hotpot in the highlands, and sipping tea like an Englishman.
- Genting Highlands – Don’t gamble but go enjoy the weather, shopping and dining (which is surprisingly affordable these days). Theme parks too if that’s your thing and free rooms thanks to the Lims are a nice plus too.
- Bentong – Nice food (not only ginger) and supposedly the best “Fresh Air Lung Washing” destination in Malaysia. (There’s a Go Bentong app too)
- Sungai Lembing – Rainbow waterfall, old mining tunnel, and good food.
- Mount Kinabalu + park
- Tip of Borneo
- Mulu Cave – See how spectacular the caves are.
View this post on Instagram
You really don’t have to travel too far to chase waterfalls. ✈️🌳 Iceland is in everyone’s bucket list for sure but if budget doesn’t allow, why not make a trip down to Pahang? Sometimes when we are so busy chasing “destinations”🌍🌎🌏, we forget about the beauty of our own backyard. #cuticutimalaysia 🌴🌺🐒🐯 Ps: If you look closely enough, you’ll be able to see that double rainbow… 🙌🌈 Can you see it???? Photo by:@chocoyinns #pahang #malaysia #sungailembing #malaysiatrulyasia #visitmalaysia #waterfalls #doublerainbow #rainbow #hiking
- Top travel tips
- Is travel insurance really necessary? (freemalaysiatoday.com)
- My Personal Finances Community fb group